Our traditional Chalosse Farm House is situated at the end of a tarmac lane on the plateau south of the village of Amou.
Ground floor bedroom suite for 1 or 2 adults.
• 63“ x 79“ (160/200 cm) king bed
• Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
• Modern bathroom with spacious shower
• Separate toilet w/window
• Toiletries available
• Free WiFi internet
• Separate entrance
• Weber grill
• Covered veranda
• Beach towels available
Start your day with a decent breakfast:
Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk, juice, baguette, croissant, butter, preserve, honey, eggs.
Eggs come from our own hens Elise, Therese, Eveline, Klara, Gretchen and Rosalie.
• 100% organic
1 mile (1.6 km) away
• three restaurants (1 gourmet)
• two bars & cafés
• supermarket with petrol station
• Prehistoric places e.g. Brassempouy
• Historic sites, e.g. Chateau of Gaujacq
• Silver coast, Basque coast, Dune of Pilat
• Pyrenees mountains, Lourdes
• Armagnac distilleries
• Madiran & Tursan vineyards
• Public heated outdoor swimming pool 1.6 mls (2.6 km) away. Open June, July, August.
• Boule/Petanque (free of charge)
• Cycling (Bikes, MTB for hire)
• Hiking, Jogging
• Horseback riding
• Surfing (Longboard, Bodyboard for hire)
• Windsurfing (Boards & Riggs for hire)
• Wellness and Spa in Dax
Sea 70 km (our favorite beach is the north beach in Vieux-Boucau), ski slopes 98 km.
SNCF / TGV station and coaches in Orthez (13 km), Pau-Pyrenées airport 42 km.
Downtown Amou 2 km, doctor / pharmacy 2 km, hospital in Orthez (13 km).
If you are touring through France or Spain, or using the Bilbao or Santander ferry from/to Portsmouth, we are located only minutes off the popular touring route D933 between the Dordogne and the Pyrenées Mountains and Spain.
You may wish to spend a few days in the Aquitaine region to visit the Pyrenées Mountains and foothills, the Chalosse, Gers or Basque hills, the Atlantic Coast or the Landaise Forest.
We will be pleased to show you some of the more wonderful roads and places.
We offer the following facilities:
• Secure garage for motorcycle storage
• Paved driveway (no dusty track)
• Helmet and boot storage
• Heatable drying rack for wet outer clothing
• Motorbike jack and inch & metric tools
• Hard standing area with washing hose
One of the tracks to Compostela passes just in front of our house.
For all pilgrims wishing to spend the night a bit more luxurous.
• Pilgrim flat rate 39€ per night and person from Jan 01 to May 15 and from Sep 15 to 31 Dec
• Overnight stay, breakfast, all you can eat pasta supper
• 5€ discount if you use your own sleeping bag
Pls indicate in the comments section that you do the pilgrimage and if you use your own sleeping bag.
Whether Classic or Western style riders, we're happy to meet you at Ranch Bignaou.
If you feel like riding, we can help you book horseback riding lessons at nearby equestrian facilities.
Maybe you want to experience our method of working our own horses from the ground and under saddle.
We're sorry, but actually we cannot provide own horses for horseback riding.
We look forward to welcoming you and your horse during your trail.
• Accommodation horse on pasture w/shelter (10€ per night and horse)
• Unlimited hay and water
• Complete feed available
• Luggage transport to your next lodging (0,30€/km distance)
Pls indicate in the comments section number, race and gender of the horses.
If you are more than 2 people please drop us a line to email@example.com